IntroductionPFPX - Professional Flight Planner X - is a new and innovative flight planning tool developed by real-world pilots and dispatchers. It's a valuable and realistic addition to your flight simulation experiences, enabling you to create professional quality flight plans similar to those used by real-world airlines.
A user-friendly interface allows you to easily build flight plans in a few steps. Advanced options permit realistic flight planning with sophisticated features like Long Range (EROPS) and Re-Dispatch Planning. The printable Flight Briefing Package includes real-time weather and wind charts as well as NOTAM, METAR and TAF reports*.
Planned routes can be exported to various add-ons like Airbus X Extended, PMDG 737 NGX, 747, MD 11 and Captain Sim 757/767.
PFPX comes with a large aircraft database ranging from Airbus and Boeing types to smaller airplanes like Citation and Cirrus. An open source file format allows simple creation of new aircraft types. Regular navigation database updates are available for realistic route planning.
A sample Flight Briefing Package can be downloaded here.
- Fully adjustable and customizable user interface
- Worldwide navigation database (regular updates available from third-party providers.
Shipped database version is 1302 (Aerosoft NavDataPro).
- "Easy plan" function for quick flight plan creation
- Large database of included aircraft types
- Re-Dispatch and EROPS/ETOPS integration
- Cost-Index based flight planning and constant Mach number segments
- Various integrated fuel planning rules (EU-OPS, FAR, CASA, etc.)
- User-definable individual fuel planning rules
- Real-time METAR/TAF and NOTAM download
- Accurate up-to-date Upper winds
- Graphical, zoom- and pan-able world map
- Printable flight briefing package
- Plan via North Atlantic Tracks (NAT), Pacific Track System (PACOTS) and Australian Organized Track System (AUSOTS)
- Automatic, manual or advanced route building including SIDs/STARs
- Route export function to various add-ons
- CFMU flight plan validation
- Microsoft Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Pentium 4 Processor with 1 GB RAM or more
- OpenGL 1.1 or higher compatible video card
- Screen resolution of 1024x768 pixel or more
- 250 MB hard disc space
- Internet Connection recommended (for product activation, online weather/NOTAMs, program updates)
* Accessing real-time wind data, METAR, TAF and NOTAMs requires internet connection and server subscription. Additional cost can occur one year after purchase.